About CrowdSA - Relevant Literature
- [Artm11] H. Artman, et al., Dialogical Emergency Management and Strategic Awareness in Emergency
Communication, Proc. of the 8th Int. ISCRAM Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, May 2011
- [Bell10] A. Bellucci, et al., Framing the design space for novel crisis-related mashups: the
eStoryS example, Proc. of the 7th Int. ISCRAM Conference – Seattle, USA, May 2010
- [Bena08] F. Benaben, et al., A Metamodel and its Ontology to Guide Crisis Charcterizatino and its
Collaborativ Management, Proc. of the 5th Int. ISCRAM Conf., Washington, May 2008.
- [Baum10a] Baumgartner, N. et al. BeAware! Situation awareness, the ontology-driven way, Intl.
Journal of Data and Knowledge Engineering (DKE), 69(11), Nov. 2010.
- [Baum10b] N. Baumgartner, et al., Towards Duplicate Detection for Situation Awareness Based on
Spatio-Temporal Relations, Proc. of the 9th Conf. on Ontologies, DB & Applications of Semantics, Greece,
- [Baum12] N. Baumgartner, S. Mitsch, A. Müller, W. Retschitzegger, A. Salfinger, W. Schwinger, The
Situation Radar – Visualizing Collaborative Situation Awareness in Traffic Control Systems, Proc. of the
19th ITS World Congress, Vienna, Oct. 2012.
- [BeAw12] BeAware Project, FFG FIT-IT Semantic Systems, www.situation-awareness.net, project#
- [Bito08] O. Biton, S. Cohen-Boulakia, S. Davidson, C. Hara, Querying and managing provenance
through user views in scientific workflows. Proc. of the 24th Int. Conf. on Data Engineering, IEEE, 2008
- [Blei08] J. Bleiholder, F. Naumann, Data Fusion, ACM Computing Surveys, 41(1), Dec. 2008
- [Brun12a] F. Shaw, J. Burgess, A. Bruns. Patterns of Talk on Twitter during the Queensland Floods.
Paper presented at the Talk about Disasters workshop, Griffith University, Brisbane, June 2012.
- [Brun12b] A. Bruns, Y. Liang. Tools and Methods for Capturing Twitter Data during Natural
Disasters. First Monday 17(4), 2012.
- [Came12] M. A. Cameron, et al., Emergency Situation Awareness from Twitter for Crisis Management,
Proc. of the WWW 2012 Workshop on Social Web for Disaster Management, Lyon, France, April 2012.
- [Chou11] Ch. Chou, et al., Ontology for Developing Web Sites for Natural Disaster Management:
Methodology & Implementation, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, & Cybernetics – Part A, 41(1), Jan.
- [Comp12] M. Compton, M. Hauswirth, A. Shet et al., The SSN Ontology of the W3C Semantic Sensor
Network Incubator Group. Journal of Web Semantics, 2012.
- [CSI12] CSI Project, FFG FIT-IT Semantic Systems, http://csi.situation-awareness.net, project# 829598,
- [Cunn02] D. H. Cunningham, D. D. Maynard, D. K. Bontcheva, and M. V. Tablan, GATE: A Framework
and Graphical Development Environment for Robust NLP Tools and Applications, 2002.
- [Davi07] Davidson, S. B., Boulakia, S. C., Eyal, A., Ludäscher, B., McPhillips, T. M., Bowers,
S., Anand, M. K., Freire, J., Provenance in Scientific Workflow Systems. IEEE Data Eng. Bull., 30(4),
- [Doa11] A. Doan, R. Ramakrishnan, A. Halevy, Crowdsourcing systems on the World-Wide Web, Communication
of the ACM, 54(4), April 2011.
- [Ends95] M. R. Endsley. Towards a theory of situation awareness in dynamic systems: Situation
awareness. Human factors, 37(1), 1995.
- [Feil12] C. Feilmayr, K. Vojinovic, B. Pröll., Designing a Multi-Dimensional Space for Hybrid
Information Extraction, Proc. Of the 8th Int. Conf. on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC),
- [Gimp11] K. Gimpel, et al., Part-of-Speech Tagging for Twitter: Annotation, Features, and
Experiments, Proc. of the Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Portland,
- [Guy10] M., Guy, et al., Integration and dissemination of citizen reported and seismically derived
earthquake information via social network technologies. Advances in Intelligent Data Analysis, 9, 2010.
- [Hart09] O., Hartig, Provenance Information in the Web of Data. Linked Data on the Web WS@WWW,
- [Hens12] C. Henson, A. Sheth, K. Thirunarayan, Semantic Perception: Converting Sensory
Observations to Abstractions, IEEE Internet Computing, 16(2), Mar./Apr. 2012
- [Hevn04]] A., Hevner, et al., Design Science in Information Systems Research. MIS Quarterly (28:1)
- [Kapp11] G. Kappel, E. Kapsammer, W. Retschitzegger, A. Schauerhuber, W. Schwinger, A Survey on
Aspect-Oriented Modelling Approaches, ACM Computing Surveys, 43(4), 2011.
- [Kaps12] Kapsammer, et al.: Breaching Walled Gardens — Automatic Transformation of Social Network
Data, Proc. Of the the 11th Int. Semantic Web Conf. (ISWC 2012), Boston, MA, USA, Nov., 2012
- [Kund10] M. Kunde, H. Bergmeyer, A. Schreiber, Requirements for a Provenance Visualization
Component, Int. Provenance and Annotation Workshop, IPAW, NY, USA, June 2010
- [Lato11] M., Latonero, et al., Emergency management, Twitter, and social media evangelism. Int.
Journal of Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management, 3(4), 2011.
- [Livn05] Y. Livnat, J. Agutter, S. Moon, and S. Foresti, Visual Correlation for Situational
Awareness, Proc. IEEE Information Visualization Conf. (InfoVis), 2005
- [Mace11] A., MacEachren, et al. SensePlace2: GeoTwitter Analytics Support for Situational
Awareness. IEEE Conf. on Visual Analytics Science and Technology, Providence, Oct. 2011.
- [Mass11] K., Massoudi, et al., Incorporating query expansion and quality indicators in searching
microblog posts, Proc. of the 33rd Europ. Conf. on Advances in information retrieval, April, Dublin,
- [Meie11] P., Meier, Verifying Crowdsourced Social Media Reports for Live Crisis Mapping: An
Introduction to Information Forensics, Nov., 2011. [http://irevolution.files.wordpress.com]
- [Mill09] A., Mills, et al., Web 2.0 Emergency Applications: How Useful Can Twitter be for
Emergency Response, Journal of Information Privacy & Security, 5(3).
- [More08] L., Moreau, et al., The Open Provenance Model: An Overview. Proc. of the 2nd Int.
Provenance and Annotation Workshop, Springer, LNCS 5272, 2008.
- [Naga09] M., Nagarajan, et al. Spatio-Temporal-Thematic Analysis of Citizen-Sensor Data -
Challenges and Experiences. Proc. of the 10th Int. Conf on Web Information Systems Engineering. Oct.,
- [Naga11] M. Nagarajan, A. Shet, B. Velmurugan, Citizen Sensor Data Mining, Social Media Analytics
and Development Centric Web Applications, Tutorial@WWW conference, Hyderabad, India, March, 2011.
- [Nuzz10] A., Nuzzolese, A., Gangemi, V., Presutti, P., Ciancarini, Fine-tuning triplification
with Semion, EKAW workshop on Knowledge Injection into and Extraction from Linked Data (KIELD), 2010.
- [Pale07] L., Palen, S., Vieweg, J., Suttton, J., Liu, S.B., Hughes, A., Crisis Informatics:
Studying crisis in a networked world. Proc. of the 3rd Int. Conf. on E-Social Science, Ann Arbor, MI,
- [Prov11] A. Shet et al., A unified framework for managing provenance information in translational
research. BMC Bioinformatics 2011.
- [Reut12] Ch., Reuter, A., Marx, V., Pipek, Crisis Management 2.0: Towards a Systematization of
Social Software Use in Crisis Situations, Int. Journal of IS for Crisis Response and Management, 4(1),
- [Schw08] A. Schwering. Approaches to semantic similarity measurement for geo-spatial data: A
survey. Transactions in GIS, 12(1), 2008.
- [Star12] K., Starbird, L., Palen, (How) will the revolution be retweeted? Information diffusion
and the 2011 Egyptian uprising, Proc. of the Conf. on CSCW, NY, 2012.
- [Stav12] A., Stavrakantonakis, et al., An approach for evaluation of social media monitoring
tools, Proc. of the 1st Int. Workshop on Common Value Management, in conjunct. with ESWC, Heraklion,
Greece, May, 2012.
- [Sutt08] J., Sutton, et al., Backchannels on the front lines: Emergent uses of social media in
the 2007 Southern California wildfires, 5th Int. Conf. on IS for Crisis Response & Management,
- [Sutt10] J. Sutton, Twittering Tennessee: Distributed networks and collaboration following a
technological disaster, Proc. of the 7th Int. Conf. on IS for Crisis Response and Management, Seattle,
- [Tan07] W. Tan, Provenance in Databases: Past, Current, and Future. IEEE Data Eng. Bull., 30(4), 2007
- [Tisi09] M., Tisi, et al., On the Use of Higher-Order Model Transformations. Proc. of the 5th
European Conf. on Model Driven Architecture – Foundations and Applications, Springer, LNCS 5562, 2009
- [View08] S., Vieweg, et al., Collective intelligence in disaster: Examination of the phenomenon
in the aftermath of the Virginia Tech shooting, 5th Int. Conf. on IS f. Crisis Response & Mgmt, USA,
- [View10] S., Vieweg, et al., Microblogging during two natural hazards events: What Twitter may
contribute to situational awareness, Proc. of the Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems, NY,
- [Whit10] C., White, et al., A framework to identify best practices: Social Media and Web 2.0
technologies in the emergency domain. Int. Journal of IS for Crisis Response and Management, 2(1), 2010.
[Yang97] C. Yang, Y., Ming-hsuan, Constraint Networks: A Survey, IEEE International Conference on
Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. Computational Cybernetics and Simulation, 1997.
[Zhao10] W. Zhao, et al., Context Modeling for Ranking and Tagging Bursty Features in Text
Streams, Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Toronto, Canada,